Rockpoint Global 2014-present
Primary designer for all in-house trademark brands and new business presentations for startup company
• responsible for company branding including logo, website, division branding, and collateral material
• created and presented packaging guides for Sunkist and Farberware licences in new product categories
• designed product line and packaging artwork and managed their production overseas
• attended trade shows and presented trend and market research
Branding & Marketing Design Manager
Jay Franco & Sons, Inc. leader in bedding, bath and beach product manufacturing, 2010–2014
Created direct marketing and business presentations for retail and license partners including: Disney,
Marvel, Target, Walmart, Macy’s, JCPenney and more.
Oversaw advertising ideas and designs for industry trade publications.
• co-wrote and art-directed animated presentation for contract renewal with Disney, worth annual $63mil+
• drove Tween Mickey branding concept, later established as Disney’s 2011 style-guide for all licensees
• created new retail set-up proposal for 2011, now in Target, winning 60% of children’s bedding sales
• coordinated with sales team and product development departments to plan and initiate retail strategies
• trained new designers and streamlined communication of information between design departments
Jay Franco & Sons, Inc. 2007–2009
Managed packaging design from concept through production for private label and licensed brands. Coordinated development between overseas manufacturers and international print management companies to deliver packaging concepts on time, on budget.
• established legal protocol in children’s bedding packaging for packaging design team
• developed new packaging solutions incurring less waste materials and lower production costs
• worked with stylists on show-room concepts and art-directed photo shoots for packaging
Freelance Graphic Designer
provided design service for various clients, including Debbie Taylor Kerman Inc, 2007
• created style guide and assisted with visual assets for licensees
• created logo design and collateral for visual identity
Branding Design Intern
Spot Co. theater and entertainment branding & advertising agency 2007
Assisted design team to develop theatre poster campaigns and direct mailings
• worked on original branding concepts for Shrek, the musical
Morgan Gaynin Inc., Illustrator Representatives 2006
Negotiated contracts between art directors and artists for illustration in publishing.
Researched new clients and trends in publishing. Maintained client database.
Digital Project Manager
Morgan Gaynin Inc. 2005–2006
Managed all digital tasks, including website updates and regular server back-up.
School Of Visual Arts, New York, NY 2006-present Continuing Education, Graphic Design
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 2005
B.F.A. in Illustration, Surface Pattern Design concentration, Cum Laude
SKILLS • OTHER
• Full Adobe Suite, Keynote, video production
• strong technical drawing ability in digital traditional disciplines • adept with typography and pattern repeats
• basic French, Spanish & Italian
• consulted for local vendors and businesses on brand design strategy and visual materials
• interests include botany, sewing, blogging, brooklynbelltower.com
• participant in Dumbo Arts Festival, exhibit of digital work